September 3, 2010

Dealing with Darling Chloe

I have been neglecting Darling Chloe a lot, since the day the pain started during my pregnancy. I couldn't recall exactly when, but for a long long time. She always ask me for "PO PO" (Carry) but I refused because I have a split muscle which causing my extremely low abdomen while carrying Baby Clarisse, and I also have this loose joints at the pelvic area. So, I always tell Chloe to ask Kakak (My Maid) and Papa (Hubby) to "PO PO" her whenever she asked for it. AND NOW? I asked her to come and let Mama "PO PO", her only response for me is always "NO NO NO" and then she would start crying and ask Kakak to carry her if Hubby is not around. She is already two and I actually don't encourage hubby to carry her so much. But Hubby has his point, Chloe is growing taller and bigger every day, if He missed this chance of carrying her now, he will never get it back. I totally understand what's hubby's point of view. But it is so sad to receive such a rejection from  my darling. I couldn't stop myself from tearing (not much la, a little emotional, perhaps is the postpartum effect). 

And now, I am not sleeping with her anymore because I have to take care of Baby Clarisse and I didn't want to disturb hubby and Chloe, so I moved to another room and at the same time getting helping hands from my mum in the night. I need to spend more time with her and get back the bond. 

She is no longer listening to me, and not afraid of me anymore. She ignores my instructions, and refuses to come to me when I call her. *sigh*.... She wants Kakak and not Mama....Sad Sad Sad.....

I told myself that once I have recovered fully, I must spend more bonding time with her. 

I am also having problems overcoming her fears. Will try to surf the net and get more information in overcoming toddlers' fear. She is sticking too much to her OLD CARTOON characters and soft toys, she is afraid of the DIBO that I bought for her, she is afraid of all the Animal soft toys except Barney and Bears, She is afraid of a CUTE MICKEY MOUSE CHAIR that grandma bought for her because it has a beep sound whenever she gets up from the chair, She is afraid of Parachute Ride which suppose to build her confidence in the Playclass, she is afraid of the rides in those shopping centers. Gosh... How should I go about to overcome her fears.... I have been getting too much  "NO NO NO" from her.

No comments: