September 3, 2010

Baby Clarisse's First Week

27th August
- Baby Clarisse arrived in the afternoon, and she was sent to Mama for breastfeeding. Initially, she didn't want to latch on; refused to wake up for milk. But somehow Mama manage to feed her (dunno how much) but according to the nurse Baby Clarisse poo three times means there was milk intake. Hehehe....I thought I can breastfeed her successfully because NO SORE NIPPLE - Yeah~ !

28th August
- Mama, Papa & Baby Clarisse were still in the Hospital resting. As usual, Baby Clarisse was sent to Mama again for breastfeeding every 2 - 3 hours. I could hear the sound of swallowing when I feed her. Mama was so happy. I thought finally Mama can breastfeed her without going through any difficulties. But from late afternoon onwards, somehow Baby Clarisse was very cranky while Mama was breastfeeding her, and I couldn't hear any sign of feeding. OH NO.... Mama does not have enough milk to satisfy Baby Clarisse. I fed her for more than 2 hours but she did not seem to be satisfied. We seek for nurse's help and she said I should rest since my nipples were already SORE, and Baby Clarisse was hungry. We had no choice but to agree to feed twice supplement in the night while Mama can rest well for recovery.

29th August
- Mama & Baby Clarisse arrived home. Immediately Mama tried to pump some milk to night feeding so that I can rest in the night. BUT, I realised that Mama did not have enough milk. I can't even produce 1oz of milk for the first 2 pumps. Sob Sob Sob...Mama insisted to breastfeed Baby Clarisse in the daytime, but again we had to feed her supplement twice in the night again. 
- 3 stools & many diapers changed for urine.

30th August
- Lots of fluid was taken - fenugreek seed drink, milk tea drink, red dates drinks by Mama, but still low in supply of milk. I was only able to pump 1 oz of milk or LESS each time. But I accumulated the milk for night feeding, and breastfeed her in the day. But somehow, SOMEONE fed her twice supplement instead of using my pumped breastmilk. 
- 2 stools & Normal Urine

31th August
- Continue with the fluid - fenugreek seed, milk tea, read date drinks, but still low in supply. However, there is an improvement as Mama could pump 1oz of milk each time.But I didn't manage to feed Baby Clarisse direct because she was rejecting my nipple and frustrated everytime I fed her. It could be the difference between bottle feed and direct feeding. The flow of the bottle feed is definitely faster, and Baby Clarisse was getting very impatient everytime I tried to breastfeed her. She was mostly bottle fed on that day, and I tried to direct feed her two times only BUT that two times is almost one and half hour each time. Sigh... But still managed without formula... breastmilk only.
- 3 stools & Normal Urine

1st September
- Finally able to pump 2oz each time but I didn't have much time to pump every 2-3 hour as Mama's urut session started and I need to take care of the Baby myself because the helper left. My mum helped me in the night. All Breastmilk fed, managed it without formula.
- 2 stools & Normal Urine

2nd September
- Mama & Baby Clarisse back to the Hospital for review. Both healthy and Mama is recovering. Doctor told Mama to avoid stairs and carrying heavy stuffs because it will take some times for my pelvic bone to recovery. Baby Clarisse has slight jaudice as expected because I was SERVED with ginger meals every session but My mum agreed to stop the ginger for now. Mama is able to pumped 2oz of milk each time and manage to accumulate for night feeding. However, Baby Clarisse refused to latch on and get very cranky everytime I tried to feed her direct. I could see there is milk flowing but perhaps my position of feeding was not comfortable for her until Hubby gave me the Breastfeeding Pillow and placed her there, and that was the only time that she managed to drink and sleep without complaining. Yeah~ No Formula!

3rd September
- Yeah~~~ ONE WEEK! There is a slight increase of milk supply. Every pump is about 3 - 4oz in total.I will continue my fluid intake and eat properly to ensure enough milk supply. But Mama is actually a little worried because this time round the milk supply is very low compared to last pregnancy. I worried that I might not be able to feed for 6 months. Hubby is very supportive, he said try my best, if really cannot we can feed formula, don't be overstressed. 

No comments: