December 1, 2009

Baking Time – Banana Cake

Picture 1

Mama wants to learn how to bake after seeing her friends baking many different PRETTY & YUMMY cakes & cookies.

This is not my first attempt of baking. I have been baking for a while but mostly turned out ugly (** but edible). I have decided to blog my Baking Learning Process too. So that I can look back and learn from mistake. At the same time, Professional Bakers (** You know who you are) can advise me where I did go wrong too.

Ingredient :-

  • 250gram – Unsalted Butter
  • 200gram – Castor Sugar
  • 225gram – All Purpose Flour
  • 200gram – Mashed Banana (Pisang Emas)
  • 2tsp – Vanilla Essence
  • 5 eggs
  • 1tsp – Baking Powder

Procedure :

  1. Preheat the Oven @ 150 deg C
  2. Grease 10” Round Baking Pan with butter
  3. Beat the Unsalted Butter and Castor Sugar until fluffy
  4. Add in eggs one by one, then add the Vanilla Essence
  5. Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder.
  6. Fold in the Mashed Banana.
  7. Pour the batter into the greased Baking Pan
  8. Bake for 45 Minutes @ 150 Deg C

What have I learned :-

  1. My cake was always fall in the middle part. I realized that they were mostly underbaked. So, I make sure my cake is completely baked evenly by inserting a toothpick into the cake and pull it out. If the toothpick is clean means it’s READY.
  2. My cake were always underbaked because the top of my cake were mostly burnt! So, this time round, I put a piece a foil after 20mins of baking on top of the cake to prevent from burning.
  3. This is recipe from a cookbook. I personally feel it is too much butter for me. I might want to reduce the butter to 200grams, reduce the sugar to 150grams, increase the Mashed Banana to 250gram or more and add in Banana Essence instead of Vanilla Essence.

Will try again and blog the outcome later.

No comments: