September 19, 2013

Mid-Autumn Festival 2013

八月十五,中秋月圆

It is the 15th day of the 8th month in the Lunar Calendar.

Too bad it is a Thursday, otherwise the girls would have enjoyed more.

I asked Aunty W to bring Little A to join my Cs for Lantern Walk, and Aunty W suggested Publika for she remembered it was filled with Festival ambience last year. Well, this is what we are looking for, the feel of the Mid-Autumn Festival.


My Cs getting ready to go with their Disney Lantern.


Sorry, this is the BEST SHOT i can get with my Iphone. I posted this photo because MaMa likes how the lantern lit up in the dark.

My girls are not good in before the camera, it is very very very difficult to get all them to look at the camera at the same time. This is the BEST I can get out of like at least 20 shots.

How was the ambience in Publika during the Mid-Autumn Festival? It was actually very quiet and there was no sign of Mid-Autumn Celebration at all. I think it is because it falls on a THURSDAY, and USUALLY family members celebrate this Festival at home - begin with a reunion dinner, and have a family gathering with mooncakes and chinese tea under the Full Moonlight. Children will lit up their lanterns with flaming candles, surround the house with all the beautiful lanterns and candles. Romantic and filled with lots of love and laughter fill in the air. But companion for the girls was excellent even though it was only lasted for half and hour. We had lanterns as seen, and we had mooncakes, we had (ice lemon) TEA. hahahaha..... Mondernized Festival Celebration. 

No comments: