February 25, 2013

Ladybird's Peter & Jane

I am a kiasu mother, and I was desperate to get Big C to READ. So, I bought a set of Ladybird's Peter & Jane 1a,b,c & 2a,b,c a while ago. Big C was able to read 1a before she turned 3. Well done! Praise is needed in this case since I have not mentioned about this before. I am FAIR! Ok. Then, Big C entered P&J SCHOOL which I kind of slacked off a little, and did not continue with the set.  Hahaha...plus I feel it gets a little boring when 1b is still talking about Peter, Jane & Pat. My friends told me that I should have bought them separately to encourage them to read before they can get a new book, which I think it is such brilliant idea. I am not just kiasu, and I am greedy too. It was cheaper to get a set! So, I bought a set. Before I got this brilliant ideas of buying them separately, I even told Wd to purchase a SET because is CHEAPER. Muahahaha.....

So, after the last holiday which Big C attended the 1-1/2 months VY, as I mentioned before she also picked up books on her own. Well, maybe due to her freedom of "playing" with the books, Big C also enjoy books. She loves those girly themed book, Hello kitty, Princesses, Barbies. Since her Nursery, her tremendous improvement in her colouring skills, no more scribbles. She loves activities books, if she could figure out what to do, she would just join the dots or match the pictures. Otherwise, she would wait till I am home, and request MaMa to guide her. 

Now, she is 4+, well, in education-age, she is known as 5 (she is a Nov Baby) :P Yes, many excuses for mothers with year-end babies to feel it's normal for their children to be slower than those already 5 OFFICIALLY, and feel extra proud if their year-end children can perform better than the already 5. :P No doubt, there is a slight "hitch" in such thought, but can't help it. Mothers are the protector of their children, and that makes overprotective mothers and spoilt children. :P Like Mine. 

COME BACK! Now, she is 4+. 

She has finally completed 2b. Well done. I never like book 1c & 2c because they require the children to fill in the blank. Hmm, I mean it's good. Get them guessing and encourage them to spell. But I feel NOT YET. Hahaha..I love writing blog. While writing and commenting, then I realise "YES, get them guess the word to fill in the blank!" Before writing this, I wanted to say, I am not going to proceed with 1c & 2c because Big C is not at the stage to fill in the blank. Alamak! How could I make such judgmental error before even get Big C to try. 

I am going to buy 3a ONLY, and encourage her to finish before buying the next book. I will bring her to the bookshop and specifically let her know that she had completed 2b, well done, and her rewards would be getting a NEW book. Good Job, Big C!

No comments: