December 13, 2010

Formula - 13th December 2010

I have no choice, I am not able to express enough breastmilk for Baby Clarisse's daily feed. Every pump, only manage to yield ONE feed, and Clarisse needs 5 - 6 feeds in a day.

I will need to supplement her feed with Formula. Surprisingly Mama and Baby Clarisse are acting and adapting quite well.

Mama:
I thought I might be emotionally affected for a whole day because I have to feed Baby Clarisse with Formula. Apparently, I was not emotional, I did not tear. I was just worried! I think I was all prepared emotionally since a month ago, and hubby finally said something good to make me feel good - " It is considerably good that you can last till today" - Well, not exactly a good statement, in fact a little sarcastic but at least good enough to comfort me. Anyway, put it this way, formula fed baby can be very healthy and happy too because I will shower my girls with super-duper LOVE!

Baby Clarisse:
She did not reject the formula and she adapted to it. Unlike Chloe, she actually vomited immediately after the feed when she switched to formula. Anyway, both my girls are fed with Enfalac Formula, so far, no major side reactions. My maid told me her poo is good too after Formula feeding. I guess I just have to relax myself and everything will just go well.

I am not putting a full stop to our breastfeeding journey. I am "just" supplementing it with formula. Hahah...Yeah....I like...It is making it sounds NOT SO BAD at all. Well, I am still pumping as much as I could but I would say not much because I can only pump maximum twice a day since I am working woman. I am not just ordinary working woman, I am a busy working woman. Sigh! Anyway, Pump 1 to 2 feed a day, and breastfeed Baby Clarisse in the night and morning - before head to work. I will breastfeed Baby Clarisse until my body/breast or Baby Clarisse tells : "HEY, IT'S ENOUGH!"

No comments: