December 16, 2010

Confession

After a shocking news from my friend about his son's illness; it hits me on my absurdity of wanting a "SON" so badly. Nothing else I want more than my children's happiness and good health, why would a gender affecting me so much? After a short chat with my friend, and I have decided to make a confession.

Geez.. I am so sinful especially towards Baby Clarisse. I ask for forgiveness from God for being such an absurd mother. 

I must confess that I was "slightly" unhappy when Dr. Ravi confirmed that Baby Clarisse is a girl. I don't mind a daughter at all, but preferably a son. "Preferably a son" had already demonstrated unfairness to my Baby Clarisse and it is making me feel as if there is a nail hammered hard into my heart. How on earth a mother like me to show my unhappiness to my healthy and happy daughter. I feel sad. 

Adding to my stupidity, I even made known to everyone that I must make sure my third child is a son, otherwise I will not want to have another child. [A Big Slap to Mama]. I told everyone that I will go Tien Hou Temple to pray for a son, then I will go to Dr. Ravi for advise in increasing the chance of getting a son. I told everyone that I want a son for my next pregnancy. [Two Big Big Slaps to Mama]. 

A MESSAGE TO GOD

Dear God,

Please forgive me for my absurdity. I beg for your forgiveness. I beg you to protect my children from evils, viruses and sorrows. Please provide them with good health, good personality, good family and happiness. I will do my best as a mother to love them, to provide them, to protect them from all evils. I will not make anymore foolish statement regarding the gender of my children. For my next pregnancy, please give me a healthy and happy baby, and nothing else. Thank you.

No comments: