June 7, 2009

Irony or what?!

I remember when I first learned how to breastfeed Baby Chloe, I was complaining so much about the pain, about the time taken for expressing, showing nerves around the chest, sagging breast etc etc. Now what? I am complaining about how to get myself in stopping to nurse my darling. Sigh!!!!!



I have told myself like for almost two weeks about stopping to breastfeed, but it is like dessert. I can never resist the temptation to nurse my baby. It makes me feel love, bonded, closeness, most importantly it makes me feel very motherly. Hahaha, that's why even I told everyone that I want to stop I want to stop and up till now I am still nursing Baby Chloe. But of course, I realise that she is no longer getting enough from he tmilk supply. She would cry for hunger after 2 hours or less after I breastfeed her. Eventually, I have to either nurse her again or feed her formula. Maybe is like what my grandma said to me : Your milk is not nutritious because you are taking in enough BOU BAN (chinese herbs that is supposed to heal or maintain one's health).

Today is my first time that I did not bring the pumping gear to work, but it makes no difference at the end of the day as I ended up pumping NOW at home while blogging. It feels very heavy and full but of course the lucky thing is that it is not painful like what others told me. There is no serious engorgement or any pain, just filled up and heavy. No choice, got to express it out anyway, but I am not going to dry it up because I read somewhere that If I dried it up, and my brain will tell me to fill it up quickily again. So, in order to reduce the supply further, I can only pump half way and let it fill up slowly. I am not sure how effective it is, should be able to blog the result by 2 weeks times.

No comments: