October 16, 2012

A Quickie on Chloe

I want to start with a "BIG APPLAUD" to my Darling Chloe. She has been behaving just like a princess she should be, and I am so proud of her.
As you know, KaKak has returned to her hometown for holiday, and MaMa has been acting like a crazy woman, cleaning, cleaning and cleaning. I have been screaming at the top of my lung, ordering my girls to clean up their own MESS. No More Miss Nice Mommy who used to sing "Picking up the toys and put them in the box". Poor darling. Well, luckily, Chloe has been such a good help. She sang the song for me instead, and tried to help up her little sister cleaning up her sister's mess too.
She doesn't mind the extra work, just occasionally complaining about her sister not cleaning up her own mess and she has to do it for her. Now, I am back to my normal self, no more screaming, but insisted them to clean up their own mess everytime. So, while Kakak is away, they actually learned how to park their bicycle at the designted spot, putting their toys back to the box, slotting in their books into the shelve, pencils and crayon into their pencil box. Especially Chloe!
In the afternoon, they will have their nap. I peeped from the side of the room, I saw Chloe patted on her sister's lap and tried to make her sleep. *So Sweet*
About Bao Bei, she has completed her Level 1 which requires her to recognize about 80 chinese words. According to her teacher, she is progressing well. Of course, I have heard some children completing Level 1 in 3 months and some in more than 6 months. I am fine with her progress, she is doing perfectly well. WELL DONE!
She has to proceed to Level 2 first, then she will only learn how to form sentences from story books using these words that she have learned. Again, I thought Bao Bei has a good concept in teaching Mandarin, step by step.
I heard Chloe sang a song, if I am not wrong, it was "三字经 San Zi Jin"... I wasn't sure because at this point, her pronounciation is not perfect and I am not VERY familiar with "三字经 San Zi Jin". But I was sure she has recited 李白 Li Bai's poem "静夜思 Jing Ye Si" which I learned in my Primary One Syllabus.

床前明月光
疑是地上孀
举头望明月
低头思故乡

My child is not super talent, she is just flowing with the current education trend. Do you know that for a 3 year old to recite simple poem like this is the fundamental skill. The academic standard has escalated so much that I thought is kind of unbelievable. Did I tell you that K1 and K2 children in 坤成 are able to recite "弟子规 Di Zi Gui" efortlessly. 

Stress Stress Stress....Not Chloe, I am!

It must be Mrs Zul who had repeatedly informed her that she is going to join K1 and she is turning 5 next year. To be precised, my girl is only turning 4 Next month END, and she will still be 4 next year. Sob Sob Sob, unfortunately, this is not the case. She has to work "extra hard" to compete the 5 year olds. Hahaha...Yes, I know. My girl is not the only Year end baby in the world, everyone else has to do the same too. Ok LOR! I am bias. So what! LOL.
AGAIN, I think my girl is progressing at the good pace and most importantly, I always hear her says "MaMa, I am Happy today." No joke, I hear this every day, and this simple words make me the happiest MaMa ever. :P

No comments: