August 6, 2012

The Shichida Parenting Course Part I

I was contemplating if I should blog about this topic. First of all, I attended this course a month ago and I am sure I can no longer express the exact same thoughts and feelings that I had a month ago. It is no longer instantaneous and it is definitely more challenging to write about it NOW when I am not as motivated. :P Secondly, this blog should be a super lengthy one if I can put everything into words precisely. :P

It is a 3hr course which Shichida makes it compulsory for all parents to attend with a fee of RM 380 (1 pax) and RM 550 (2 pax). These fees will be refunded  if we carried on the Shichida course up to four terms. The Shichida Parenting course was held in the Crystal Crown Hotel, 15th July, 7-10pm by Mrs. Jocelyn Khoo, who is the first to develop the English Version of The Shichida Method and brought in the course to Singapore & Malaysia in the late 90s. 

Well, before the course commences, I was rather skeptical about the course. The very first thing that came into my mind was "it will be another sales programme" to push more Shichida - related products and make parents to spend more money. Hahaha... SERIOUS! I really thought so and I brought "sufficient" cash in case I will be lured into buying "EVERYTHING" home.

In addition, it sounded really unexciting at all to stay for a 3hr talk, I even told hubby to standby to pick me up in an hour instead of 3hr. Hahaha....

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!

I sat through the 3hr parenting course, and I didn't BUY anything home. I must admit that it was a very informative course and the Trainer, Mrs. Jacelyn Khoo, is a great talker. She made the course interesting and I was 100% inspired by her at that moment. For now, I hope I still retain at least 50% of it. Hahaha...

The course didn't start with the intention to make our children geniuses. Instead, the course started by telling the parents to LOVE our children, and never posses any negatives thoughts about our children. The course began with emphasizing the importance of parents' selfless love for their children in changing their children to be wonderful children. We need to use LOVE to nurture them and not look at their weaknesses, learn to see our children as perfect children just like who they are. How can I not be deeply in love with this talk when it actually tells me to LOVE my children. No way, this is exactly why I made my presence at the course, BECAUSE I love my children. BINGO!!! The trainer is so smart she reads my mind and hit the right button! Ding Dong!

Then, She continued to explain that if the right brain abilities are developed properly between the ages of zero and six, these superb abilities will stay with a child for life. She emphasized the importance of early childhood education and The Shichida Methods come into the right place.

Chloe and Clarisse had completed one term of Shichida, and I was totally confused why the Sensei is asking my children to play GUESSING GAMES every beginning of each class. 


After the Parenting course, then only I realized that it is part of the RIGHT BRAIN SENSE PLAY - to develop intuition abilities. The trainer put it in a humorous way, she said "Many successful rich man are "BOR TAK CEK", and they made their way through with their great intuition abilities". Hahahaha.. I like how she put it "BOR TAK CEK" - not highly educated. She is actually RIGHT, recalling how my dad actually uses his INSTINCT in his business most of the time. But of course, instinct is after all instinct, it was not always RIGHT, so he also gained lots of experience and build a stronger "instinct" along his career path. I respect my father as a successful business man, and now I can conclude that he is actually applying "THE SHICHIDA METHOD" hahahahaha.... 


It was amazing how those children can "guess" everything right in the video, but it is TRUE! To them, they are not guessing, they have learned to see through the hidden, touch to feel the "vibration" of the hidden... too bad, I didn't have the video to show. It is hard to explain but this is a very special ability and I have no idea how to help my children to develop it. NO STRESS, just try and try and try. 


Then, it came Image Visualization Function. This is easier to understand as compared to the Intuition Ability. This means that children are trained to capture and hold and image in their mind - Photo Memory. This will be useful to train Chloe and Clarisse's memory as they might inherit my WEAK MEMORY. Gagaga... If this part is properly developed, children shall capture any image in one glance and recall whatever they have seen just in a moment. That's why many claimed that Shichida children always get 100% on most tests as they can memorize anything using Photo Memory. 


Another Photo Memory training is called the Linking Memory. In order for the children to mass memorize say like 50 items. The Shichida Methods suggests to link these 50 items with a story. I have worked with Chloe using the Linking Memory set that I bought from Shichida. Hmm.. Chloe is able to memorize the 50 items after about 8 trainings, and each training was about 5-10 minutes.


This is not a tedious training. First, I show Chloe the 50 items then read her the story linking the 50 items in order. Then, recite the item by item and make Chloe using her finger to point on each picture as I go along.  Supposingly, I have to work with her row and row (10 items each time), and then using different speeds to recall those images. What I did was just name all the 50 items pictures in 5-10 minutes. I found that after 3rd-4th time, she can name all the items in the card. Hey, it is not easy. These items are relatively new to me like STEGOSARUS, BURGEE, RODENT, LABYRINTH, GARLAND, CONCORD etc etc... I was really happy when she can name all the items. Then, after the 6th time onwards, she was able to memorize 80% of it and she recalls these items with speed. NOW, I can proudly say she is able to do 100% for this particular set. BUT not the reverse YET.


Anyway, Sensei has changed a new linking memory set for August. So, I have to find out which set is it and work with Chloe on the new set. I am looking forwards to see how she cope with a new set. 


Flashcards is commonly used to for early education. I bought 3 sets of Flashcards before I joined Shichida. I love flashcards, they are easy to carry and kids love them a lot. I use these flashcards to introduce new things to them like numbers, colors, animals and simple objects. That's why Chloe and Clarisse are rather familiar with animals at young age. 


However, in Shichida (*I just found out after this Parenting course*), flashcards are not intended to allow children to learn. Flashcards are used to activate children's right brain. By flashing these cards (preferably different genres) in high speed and name each card with the same speed. The right brain will capture the image while flashing, and left brain will capture the language. So, while activating the children's right brain, the children are learning the words at the same time. ??!!! hahahaha.... Ya... Hahaha means I don't know what I am saying. Simple understanding here again is all about right brain capturing images.


The trainer never stop mentioning the importance of LOVE as the major element in child rearing. We, as a parent, should convey our love to our children ALWAYS as our LOVE help our children grows. The trainer has introduced 3 ways to communicate our love to our children.


(1) Strong 8s hug
Hmm..this is easy. I love hugging my children, I especially love to squeeze them tight in my arm. and I know my children love it too. What I need to do to improve my hugs is to make sure I hug them for 8 seconds. Hahaha...So, Count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8????!!! This is difficult! By COUNTING, the feeling of this hugging might be affected, RIGHT? Hahahah..


(2) The Echo Method
It goes like this
Chloe : MaMa, Clarisse smack me.
MaMa : Oh, Clarisse smack Chloe. Why did she smack you?
Chloe : Clarisse is Naughty.
MaMa : Clarisse is Naughty. Why do you think she is naughty.
Chloe : Clarisse smack Chloe.
MaMa : Clarisse smack Chloe. What happened? Why did she smack you?


Something like that ... just repeat what she says until she cannot take it. Hahaha... Of course, I think these method has a special effect and not just trying to annoy the kids. Hahahaha... 


Told you, it will be a long one. Shall be continued soon. ZZZzzzzz


(2) 



  




No comments: