February 25, 2011

Almost time to end my BF bond with Baby Clarisse

Baby Clarisse will be 6 months old by the end of the week. My BF plan is actually 6 months. But, I am starting to worry on how we can cope with Baby Clarisse in the night if we have to end the BF. Anyway, at this moment, it is no longer a matter of choice. 

My body seems to know that "TIME'S UP" or maybe I had unknowingly entered the "DUE DATE" into my brain stating that my bf is only 6 months. It was sad that after pumping closed to 35mins, I only managed to collect totally of 4 1/2 oz (NOT EVEN ONE FULL FEED). Geezz.. It is very difficult to accept the fact that I have to end this very special bond with my baby. Today, I tried pumping again, the same amount yield. It is definitely is not enough for a feed. Anyway, in this case, there is no point for me pump anymore. I know, this milk is not going to come back anymore and they are gradually reducing day by day. I can feel it from my two "breast friends".

Last night, Baby Clarisse cried in the night as usual. I know that Baby Clarisse is no longer crying for hunger in the night. She can manage to sleep through the night without any feed. BUT, she sometimes wakes up in the night crying for Mama. Last night, I tried not to breastfeed her and tried to replace it with pacifier. She cried even louder and demonstrated her unhappily fiercefully. I was panic and after 5 mins struggling on the pacifier, I ended up offering her my breast friends, and in less than 5mins of sucking, Baby Clarisse dozed off. Zzzzzzzz 

HOW ??????????????????????????



Dear Baby Clarrise,

I am happy that you love Mama so much but you cannot be so naughty treat mama as your pacifier. You have to soothe yourself with the real pacifier.

Love
Mama 

No comments: