December 31, 2012

2013 School Plan for my Princesses

Clarisse
A few months ago, I had registered Clarisse to P&J to join her JieJie. I thought it will the perfect plan for my girls and ME! P&J has a better learning environment compared to VY, it's open air, it's a proper school, it's more organized and it covers more aspects and not just language. MOREOVER, I just need to drop off both girls at the same place which makes it EASIER for me. :P

However, I have changed my mind after a few considerations.

I think for Clarisse to repeat her nursery programme twice is not very effective in terms of learning. Despite that P&J told me they will set a totally different learning programmes, and that it will be more challenging programme for the kids on the 2nd year of their nursery. Still, it was not so convincing to me. Especially I found out that there was a boy in Chloe's class refused to attend the class because he found the class boring as he had learnt all the songs, phonics, activities before. Considering the learning capability of 3 - 4 year-old, I am rather skeptical on how challenging it will be on the 2nd year of nursery. There will be new kids who need the same programme. 

Hmm... It put a question mark in my head for a while before I decided to change the plan.

Clarisse attended VY for 4 months, so far, I paid the fees to Ms. A and she did not report to me on Clarisse's progress like Ms. C did when I sent Chloe to VY previously. When I asked Ms. A, she briefly reported that Clarisse is a very steady girl and progressing well so far. I didn't drill further as I was not expecting wonders from Clarisse, who does not know all her alphabets at this stage. All I know, she is trying to learn a few words -"FiFi, Kim, Daddy, Mommy, Here, I,..." I think so far these are all I heard from Clarisse. I just want her to mingle with children of the similar age group. 

But, lately, she had definitely improved in her understanding of colouring skill, in the sense that she is able to fill up empty space, but again, very much depending on her mood that day. This little girl is played by her mood. *Sigh* Terrible! 

At this age, 2 years + 4 months, she is able to draw circles & triangles on her own. I taught her how to draw a square, I love to see how she attempted even though she did not make a square. There was a slight technicality to be adjusted to form a square. :P Just slightly, almost a square. 

I believe she will be able to do it soon. Aiyoh, so much Grandmother story, what I am trying to say that, maybe VY is a better choice for Clarisse. She has a generally good body immune to fight against germs and bacterias in her learning place, and she is able to learn to read, to write, to color, to play, which is a totally different programme from P&J. More importantly, the fees is 1/2 what I am going to pay to P&J. 

So, I don't' mind the hassle. Frankly speaking, not much of hassle since it's actually on my way to my work place. So? Not an issue to be worried at all, and I had all the "going-home" transportation well covered for both girls even though it's TWO locations :P 

So, Clarisse is going to join P&J 2nd half of the year 2013 OR most probably 2014. We will see!

I am not so sure if I mentioned it before that Clarisse was noising about going to Ballet. Yes, I am sending her to join her Jie Jie for Ballet in Year 2013. It's not an extra chore for me since they are going to attend it at the same time. It will be later when Chloe carries on to the next level. For now it's good, both are going to attend Baby Ballet. 

Chloe is good! Her learning programmes are pretty much fixed. She is going to attend her K1 programme in P&J, BaoBei Chinese 3 time weekly, Shichida & Ballet Lesson. I am trying to think how to fit her into VY. She had definitely picked up reading from VY even though she attended for such a short duration. She took out the books from the bookshelves and no longer tearing them. Instead, she uses her magical Pointer to point and read, it was not all perfect because at times she was guessing and murmured through the words she was not sure. I am happy to see that she is gradually developing the habit of picking up the books even though she is PRETENDING to read. At this stage, I think she is going WELL and hopefully I can commit more time to go through the reading habit with both my princesses. Hmm..I am not a person who reads a lot, it's time for me to pick up the Reading Habit TOO in order to set a good role model. :P

Maybe, I will throw Clarisse to BaoBei if she is willing to join. Otherwise, I will just forget about it. For some reasons, Clarisse does not like going to BaoBei. I will try when the term starts again.

What else. Hahaha..It seems that I am a kiasu mother who wants my children to be Dragon or Phoenix in this case. NO! That's not my intention. I just love planning activities for my children, and my children loves what I have planned for them. If you don't believe it, COME!, ask them yourself. I am not lying! LOL. They find these activities fun, why should I stop. It's FUN to learn. PERFECT.

I am actually trying to find a swimming coach for my girls. The previous coach is too costly, and I don't think is justifiable since I am not training them to be national swimmers. My intention is to get them to enjoy a sport, Swimming is a good sport! I want them to overcome the fear of floating in a big POOL. I want them to be able to swim, and later swim for leisure. Is it too young? No! At this age, I think swimming is the ONLY sport for the girls. If you know any good coach in KL, please share with me, ya? 

No comments: