July 13, 2012

Addictive Shopping Habits

Internet Shopping is definitely not something new, and the latest trend of Internet Shopping is via Groupon/Dealmates etc. My advice is - don't START! It is seriously addictive. Since my first purchase two months ago, I have done quite a number of other purchases almost on weekly basis. It is the simple word "DISCOUNT" makes me hooked on scrolling their new offers EVERYDAY, and then proceed with two simple click "BUY" and "AGREE", then it's a Done Deal! 

Let me recall, the first purchase was - err - oh Reader's Digest. RM 90 for 12 issues. Isn't it a bargain? Then, everyday, Groupon sent me mail after mail with many many attractive items ranging from dining deals to grooming deals to traveling deals etc etc. 

Then, I purchased something that I don't even know If I ever have the chance to go - which is a Dining Voucher for 4 for RM 36.00 at the Egyptian Restaurant in Changkat Bukit Bintang. Hubby is not a very adventurous man, he has no interest in trying EGYPTIAN food, plus he hates traveling down to KL after work. In fact, given a choice, I wouldn't want to go through the massive jam too. This dining voucher is expiring in August, and somehow I feel this dining voucher would be wasted eventually. 

Then I purchased three number of Baking Class vouchers @ RM 98.00/each. which the original price was RM 150.00/each. Hahaha... and I have not used them at all. Expiry Date is Early Nov. It seems like I still have many more months to use up the 3 vouchers that I bought. The fact is July has no classes that fit my schedule, and I don't see how I can make it during August since it is going to be a Holiday Month - SORT OF - You know - Malaysian Style - Ramadan then Raya. 

Then I also bought Bun Making Class which I have scheduled it on the 2nd Sept 2012. How come I didn't use the voucher. SMART! Because this class is offered from a different center. Then I also bought a dessert making voucher which I just attended last week (which I will be sharing in my next post). 

The most recent purchase is just TODAY! I bought an INTELLIGENT ROBOT VACUUM CLEANER @ RM 399.00 which they claimed I have saved RM 700.00. So, I am the Intelligent one who spent RM 399.00 for something that is worth more than RM 1,000.00 and guess what, the not so intelligent issue here is I have maid to sweep and mop my floor every day. 

No comments: