April 30, 2012

Swimming Lesson with Swim Teacher

Thanks to Mike's cousin, she reminded me that I can actually send my girls for swimming lesson to expose them for more outdoor activities. No doubt that we have full access to the swimming pool at my MIL's place, but due to our laziness (mostly PaPa) we hardly send our girls to the pool. PaPa always come out with a dozen of excuses of not going to the pool, and MaMa slacked along. *NOTTI!*

With no further delay, MaMa goggled online with "INFANT SWIMMING LESSON IN MALAYSIA", surprisingly it has quite a number of useful results which MaMa ended up taking a course with Swim Teacher. These lessons don't come cheap especially for baby/toddler swimming lessons. Well, I thought why not give it a go and try out a term to check out how is it like. Hopefully, PaPa and MaMa can accustomed to the swimming schedule and let our girls swim in the pool without FEES' COMMITMENT. My princesses love to PLAY by the pool, but not SWIM in the pool. Whenever I tried to put them into the pool with a sitting float, sometimes, they will yell for "HELP" to get out of the pool. Honestly, PaPa and MaMa did not put a 100% effort in bringing them to the pool, I would be scared if I was placed in the middle of the ocean without knowing how to swim. RIGHT?

Anyway, now our schedule is fixed for one term (5 saturdays). 

It didn't surprise me at all that Chloe screamed throughout the one-hour lesson, and the brave Clarisse was adapting to the pool in every way, kicking all the way with only pool noodle/log under her arms. Patrina, the instructor, praised Clarisse of her fearless in the pool (considering she is not exposed to the pool much before) and posses a good athletics future. Errr..., not so agreed with the latter part as in I don't think kicking in the pool shows how athletic she is, rather I would say she is a little more brave than Chloe, that's all. Not that I don't like the idea of Clarisse being athletic, just that I don't see how athletic she is at this point. I guess Caucasians are generally more encouraging in words in order to build up one's confidence in achieving an event. I am trying to adopt this concept too, that's why I always praise my girls for every GOOD BEHAVIOR or ACCOMPLISHMENT. I can see how my girls enjoy compliments! Who doesn't? I DO! 

Gosh, this MaMa always got carried away from the subject, that's why I always got 2/5 for my composition's CONTENT portion - lengthy and out of topic! Hahahaha...

The first lesson passed really fast cause MaMa was busy dealing with two girls' demand, " I want MaMa" said Clarisse then "I want MaMa also" said Chloe. As for PaPa, he was a little lost because no matter who he accompanied, the girls would complained! PaPa is a little forceful and impatience, he always think that everyone in this world should be exactly HIM, fearless. He dropped my girls into the pool without any warning, before they can adapt to the pool, they were both frightened by the DEEP pool. Silly PaPa. Thus, the girls feel more comfortable with MaMa. Kakakaka (another round of shiok sendiri moment).

Second lesson gets slightly better because everyone was in a tiptop mood, plus our instructor put her 100% effort in designing different games with her daughter's MASAK-MASAK toys to encourage them to move from one point to another. THUMBS UP for her effort. Clarisse was on her own with just the pool noodle and she could kick and move WITHOUT anyone's support (of course with the noodle). BRAVO, Darling Clarisse. BRAVO!

As for Chloe, there was a great improvement too. FIRST OF ALL, we were all very pleased that the lesson commenced with no screaming. GOOD SIGN! GOOD JOB! We were also pleased that she actually agreed to come back for another lesson next week in comparing to last week's comment " I don't want to swim anymore!" Thanks to the instructor for her good effort in designing rescuing games, masak-masak games etc. 

This is the very rare occasion that PaPa is actually convinced; that the Swimming Lesson is worth every penny. Even though Chloe is still clinging to MaMa alot while in the pool, there were a few occasions that I told her to release her strong grips as it was making my hands painful, and she did for 5 seconds, then quickly seized whichever part of me that she could reach. I trust that after a few more lessons, she would be more confident to move about on her own just like our BRAVE Clarisse. 

The lesson ended with lots of fun and laughters. Certainly, PaPa & MaMa were both contented with the girls' reponses "I want to go swimming again!" :P

No comments: