February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

When it is least expected, the unexpected surprised me on this "not so special day".

Since the very first day that I met him, he never celebrated any Valentines Day with me because he doesn't believe in it. I had never received any gifts, flowers or even an arranged candle-light dinner on Valentines Day because it means nothing to him but a deceitful occasional for consumers to have more reasons to spend. 

Anyway, I had a surprised "Happy Valentines Day!" wishes from him in the morning. That was sweet enough as I didn't expect any wishes from him. I thought why not we just have a simple dinner outside since he just came back from his business trip. I casually asked, "So, dinner tonight?" 

"See first." He replied, as expected. He likes to answer "see first", "let you know later", "decide later" which I have to make myself available whether it is gonna happen or not.

Anyway, I thought it is ok if there won't be any dinner, I will just ask my friend out for dinner or simply go back home for dinner. I have become wiser after years of struggling to accept the fact that there is no Valentines Day for me. 

Approaching evening, I called him, wanted to see how I can arrange a dinner together with my friend since I have not seen her for a while. 

He took me with another surprise by telling me that he had made a booking for dinner somewhere.

He picked me up from my office @ 7.30pm and we had our Valentines Dinner @ Chez Rose @ Damansara Height serving delicious Austrian Cuisine. 

The day didn't end perfectly as we received a call from home that Chloe is sick again. She had just recovered from her fever 2 days ago, and she is sick again. She has been sick for 6 times in 3 months. The gap of her falling sick is getting closer. It was once a month, then it came twice a month, and now, it is only weekly basis. The thought of Chloe being sick is put off the mood instantly. we gobbled up our main course, and checked the bill even without the dessert.

Anyway, it was an indeed HAPPY VALENTINES DAY for me even though it didn't end perfectly. 

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anjoe said...

Congrats to you - as he'd put his effort to make you happy. You must be very pleased with that. You will never be alone, he will be always with you.

But, I'm sorry to hear that Chloe is not doing so well. Please send my regards to her and take care ya ;)