April 5, 2010

QING MING FESTIVAL

Yesterday, Papa went with my FIL & MIL to pray & "sweep tombs" at the Nirvana grave site. He came back in the evening and he told me that he came home late because they had suddenly decided to pop by the Seminyih New Grave Site to have a look.

Papa told me that the Seminyih New Grave Site is very very peaceful and nice. There are people who actually spent 4million to purchase a piece of land for their whole family's tombs (Maybe RICH MAN like you know who and who and who). Errr... Then, my father in law saw this piece of land about 1500sq feet (YA, the size of my upcoming condo) which Papa told me it can fit 10 thombs there. ONE PIECE OF BARE LAND. Alamak! What is wrong with this world. Even Dead Man's land are getting so unaffordable. *sigh*

My thought is - treat your family nice when they are still alive! They won't feel a thing for the things that you do for them when they are lying straight in the coffin. So, treasure and love them when they are still alive.

Papa said my FIL is considering one piece of land (of course NOT the 4million one la, we are far far away from this standard.), then I asked for who? 10 thombs? are they so many of you? Ok.. they will move their grandparents there if it's confirmed, then Papa's parents, Papa's brother & wife, Papa & Me. That's only 8 of us....hahaha...PLUS.... Who is gonna come to pray before us when we are dead. Our daughters are going to follow their husbands *traditionally* for Qing Ming. I was just merely making a general statement and I didn't mean anything.

Papa changed his expression and asked me "Why Chloe won't come and pray for me? She can come to pray when I am dead. She is my daughter. My daughters are going to come and pray during Qing Ming! Why not?"

I replied bewilderedly "I would rather think of how are our daughters come to have re-union dinner with us when they are all married. How we can spend more times together when we are still ALIVE. Not when I am dead!"

Papa reiterated himself many times "No, my daughters are going to come to pray before us when we are dead."

Mama......left............speechless.........

No comments: