January 25, 2010

“MAMA” @ 14th month!

Baby Chloe is calling everyone except “mama” related words i.e. Mama, Mummy, Ah Mah , MahMah, Grandma. I think i had confused her by giving her too many “ma” words. I didn’t think of it at the beginning when I start teaching Baby Chloe calling me “MaMa”. Her grandmother is “Mah Mah” in Cantonese, and her great-grandmother (my grandma) is “Tai Mah” (But My Grandma taught her to call her Ah Mah)…. I am also confused now. Haha…I guess this is one of the reason that she is not calling “Mama” related words as she might be confused. LOL…

But on Saturday night, I was left alone with Baby Chloe in the room while Papa was attending a funeral. I was trying to let her sleep on her own rather than patting and rocking her to sleep. So, I let her free on our bed while I was lying down watching her moves left to right, up and down. (Plus I really didn’t have much energy to do so!!) She was also talking to herself (or maybe to me) – DaDa (referring to my maids – KAKAK), Papa (So loudly that I didn’t want to respond to her at all, LOL…can’t help it…. SO JEALOUS), Ah Bi (My cute little Dog), Ah Gong, Ah Gu, Ah Yi, Fan, MeiMei, MumMum, YehYeh, Wow Wow, mostly PAPA la! Hmph…….out of sudden she climbed on my body and blurted out “Mama” and I was totally shocked and happy. Immediately I hugged Baby Chloe and said “ Chloe, said one more time - “MaMa” and she did. She repeated “Mama” very clearly and I immediately hugged her tightly, kissed her and told her that I love her. Sorry, I couldn’t control the tears of JOY!! Haha…Ya…I was touched and ecstatic!!!! Baby Chloe returned a very Cheaky smile to me as if she knows that I was tearing for happiness.

And the night went on happily between me and Baby Chloe doing nothing much but talking to each other on our bed, and without knowing both of us just fall asleep individually.

No comments: