May 27, 2013

Change Children's Passport Photo in Malaysia


This post is especially dedicated to "you-know-who-you-are". Thanks to YOU, I remember and GOT it done before my 13hr flight with Cs.

What do you need.

You need to download a form from the Official Portal of Immigration of Malaysia. Then, prepare two Passport Photos, and I just found out TODAY that, one must wear BLACK for the passport photos. Obviously, my girls were not in Black, so we got to use their BLACK coat to cover their COLOURFUL top. 

Take a queue number, and get a number specifically inform them that your passport is not expired, you just wanna change PHOTO.Then, they will give u a number ticket with the faster lane, if I am not wrong, it should be the same of the Senior Citizen and Children below 2. Well, I got my ticket 2024. 

I was suppose to wait for at least 1-2hrs for a simple photo change. BUT, fortunately for me (*Not so fortunate who wants to renew and apply for passport*), the server was down since two week ago until NOW! So, many officials are not able to process the the application, everything has to be done MANUALLY. I went up to one of the Special Counter, and check if I can get mine done without the system. *PHEW*...the answer is "YES", as what I told "YOU", they actually paste the photo on one of the page of the passport and stamp and seal it! EASY. So, the process took us less than 15mins. But I came earlier to take the queue number and waited 1 hr for the KING (M) and the Princesses (Cs) to arrive.

4 comments:

Elayne said...

A very informative post indeed! Next post to share is your 13 hr trip with two Cs ok?

mum said...

We must change our kid photos after 2-year-old? Which immigration office you went to?

Anonymous said...

Hi, thank you for sharing the information with me. I also wish to share my experience when updating my child (2 year plus) passport photo in Malaysia High Commission, Singapore. (I was asked by the immigration officer to update my child passport photo because the photo looks totally different from now when we travelling back Malaysia.)I reach the High Comm around 9.30a.m. The security guard tell me to go straight to counter 10. I queue at the counter where there are two people in front of me. The officer took the photocopy document and give me a number and ask me to come back at 2.30pm to collect the passport.

As I already renounce my citizenship, I have to bring my Singapore IC and Borang K with me. (Of course need to prepare the photocopy also).

Just for sharing.

Thank you.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi there, thanks for sharing the information. Do we need to bring the child along? thanks!