August 9, 2010

Stroller & Car Seat







My friend is asking about whether or not she should get a crib and stroller for her baby. Since I have the free time now, I would like to record on this Stroller & Car Seat Story of mine.

We bought this set PEG-PEREGO Piko Switch in Year 2008 to prepare for Chloe's arrival. It WAS Hubby's favourite baby's accessory, and he treated it like his dreamed FERRARI. That's why our set is in RED and BLACK, not in this colour as shown. (But I prefer this colour, so bright and green)

Hubby took months to decide which stroller to buy but everytime when he looked at the strollers, he was always eyeing on the SAME BRAND SAME MODEL, just different colours & different price. To be honest, Malaysia has limited choices plus OUR limited "budget" hahaha... He left no choice, but to choose his best "FERRARI - THE PEG-PEREGO PIKO SWITCH".

We bought this set at a so-called Special Price "RM2,200" at PJ's Bambino. Well, I have no complain on the quality of the stroller and car seat, the mechanism and material are firmly made which I am very very certain that it is SAFE and COMFORTABLE for Babies. This stroller is very steady and not wobbly at all, but because of it's heavy build, I can never carry the stroller alone. Hubby has to be the one who carry the stroller in and out for me ALL THE TIME! Even the car seat alone is as heavy. I cannot put my baby in and carry the car seat with the handle like all my other friends do. Sob sob sob. Eventually, we didn't use much of the car seat and it became a little redundant to us. 

As for the stroller, We used it for the 1st few month after Chloe's birth. Once, Chloe knows how to sit on her own and she would start complaining while sitting on the stroller. Therefore, most of the time, we hardly use the stroller when she was 6 months old especially my hubby enjoyed CARRYING Chloe himself. I think the stroller and car seat was kept in the storeroom since 8 months ago. Hahaha...deserted. Poor PEG-PEREGO. 

Of course, it will not be wasted since I am having Baby Clarisse now - means it will be used for another ONE YEAR. 

I LIKE PEG-PEREGO PIKO SWITCH because :-
1) It is very steady, safe for my children
2) It is reversible. I have an option to have baby facing me or facing out.
3) It is very fashionable (for my hubby)
4) It is very reasonably priced for it's good quality
5) it is very spacious for baby
6) Many Compartments and Hooks available to put my baby stuffs.

I DISLIKE PEG-PEREGO PIKO SWITCH because :-
1) It is very heavy, I cannot carry it!
2) I cannot put my Baby in the car seat and carry it in and out of the car.
3) HEAVY!!!!

I think the "HEAVINESS" restricted my usage of the Stroller somehow. 

No comments: